Thursday, September 16, 2010

Moving Right Along

I won't say things are perfect, because they aren't. :) Ideally, I would like every day to go on with out a single problem. I would like each kid to get up, get dressed, pick up their school work and plow their way through each and every requirement of the day. BUT I do not live in that perfect universe and so we have our moments! For the most part, I feel things are still going very well. The kids seem to annoy each other at times but that is nothing new. :)

The kids started their home school group classes and seem to enjoy them! J says her favorite class is science! K is thinking about taking the ballroom dance class the homeschool group offers. His new friends have convinced him it would be fun! We'll see if the class fits into our day. If it does, I think we will sign him up!

I've also registered both kids for their technology classes. K is taking flash animation and a computer game design class. J is taking an intro to computer literacy class. J may also take flash animation since I accidently registered her for the class! I was planning on calling the school tomorrow and asking how to drop the class, but when I told her what I did, she said she wanted to take the class!

Both of the kids have had a blast getting to know the kids in our homeschool
group. I am so very impressed with all of the kids in the group. They are all so friendly and eager to make everyone feel welcome! The mentors teaching the classes are great too. I feel very lucky to have the opprutunity to be involved in this group. I feel the kids will learn so much more about themselves by being involved with this group.

I've decided to use Teaching Textbooks for J's math curriculum. I was going to use Math U See, but opted to go with Teaching Textbooks. I still think Math U See is a great program, I just decided to give Teaching Textbooks a shot. I think J will enjoy how interactive Teaching Textbooks is.

I think that is all I have for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment