Friday, August 27, 2010

The "Week" in Review

Today was day 3 of school. So far, I do feel it is going well. I do need to figure out a way to become more organized. I'm not doing a terrible job but I could definately use a lesson or two in organizing. Things do go rather smoothly and the kids seem to actively participate, but I would like to come up with more activities that interest them and relate to the lessons I am teaching. I am sure, in time, I will figure out a way to do that!

Yesterday, they worked on math, english(creative writing), computer skills, history(read their history novels) and science. Today they worked on math, science, health and history(watched a PBS movie). Once again, they had reading time and read their history books. For their computer skills lesson, I had each child create their own online blog. I will use thei blog as a way for them to improve their typing and writing skills.

Yesterday we attended a parent meeting with the homeschool group we belong to. Once again, I am sooo happy with our decision to homeschool the older kids. I think the kids will gain a lot from the experiences they will have attending the 3 classes they are taking through our homeschool group.

The kids online charter school classes will begin in September. I am looking forward to the things they will learn while taking those classes as well! Since each child is taking a computer course, they will each recieve a netbook computer! What a great bonus for our family! This will make taking the online classes MUCH easier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment